Friday, May 18, 2018

Ecosystems

 Imagine an ecosystem as a tiny world within our world. Here, living things, like plants and animals, interact with non-living elements, including water, rocks, soil and temperature. Every portion of the ecosystem influences everything else. An ecosystem exists within a larger area called a biome.
Here’s an example of an Ecosystem: The Sonoran Desert in Arizona is a harsh landscape. Within the desert, though, there are streams and creeks. Here, fish, birds, turtles and snakes live. There are trees and plants. This is one type of an ecosystem. In other parts of the desert, there is little water. Here, only a few plants, such as cactus can survive. The animals that live here – snakes, ground rats, and scorpions – must adapt to harsh conditions. This is a different ecosystem within the same biome.
Fun Facts About Ecosystems for Kids
Animals and plants within an ecosystem depend on each other for their survival. If conditions change, the animals and plants have to adapt.
Plants can’t migrate when conditions change. During drought and heat, they might die. If they die, then herbivores won’t have anything to eat. They must either find new plants to eat or move to a new place. If they move, then carnivores have no food. They must move too.
Sometime ecosystems change because of a climate change or a natural disaster. Sometimes, ecosystems are destroyed by humans.
Think about the ecosystems that might exist in your neighborhood or even in your own yard. If you have a vegetable garden, the plants attract plant-eating insects. The insects attract birds, snakes and frogs. These animals might attract predators, including fox, raccoons, coyotes and owls. Who knew there was so much going on right outside your door! A vegetable garden is a man-made ecosystem, but you get the idea.

Ecosystems Vocabulary :
Portion: piece, part
Harsh: severe, tough
Survive: live
Adapt: change
Drought: lack of water
Herbivore: plant eater
Carnivore: meat eater
Ecosystems Vocabulary Ecosystem Q&A
Question 1: How can I protect ecosystems in my area?

Answer 1: Pay attention to what you do in your own yard. Be careful with pesticides and fertilizers. Pesticides can poison birds, frogs and snakes. When fertilizers run into streams and rivers, they encourage algae to grow. The algae grow too much and smother other aquatic animals and plants. Grow flowering plants, vegetables and berries to give animals something to eat.
Question 2: What are the different types of Ecosystems?

Answer 2: The different types of environment ecosystems are as follows: Forest Ecosystems – Marine Ecosystems – Desert Ecosystems – Grassland Ecosystems – Tundra Ecosystems and Freshwater Ecosystems
Question 3: Is the ecosystem important?

Answer 3: The ecosystem is very important. Without a healthy ecosystem we would suffer terribly or simply would not exist. We need to protect nature to protect our drinking water, our crops and even the air we breathe. Everyone should care about the ecosystem, no matter how old or how young. By caring today we are caring for tomorrow’s world.
Question 4: What is destroying the ecosystem?

Answer 4: Unfortunately it’s our Human daily activities that are causing harm to our ecosystem. Examples of this are: Over hunting (Rhino, Tigers, Elephants, Lions and many more). Over Fishing, Deforestation and of course pollution.

thanx Easy Science  for Kids
I found my article  I ask  daddy to write  put the picture on it  
kids know about climate change  my sister say I learn to spell better  I can do  climate change post   thank you for reading  .
I have more Poppa and Me  story
Knight Man C .

5 comments:

  1. Howdy Knight Man ,
    What a great climate change post you picked out for your first climate post .
    You have the ecosystem vocabulary and also a question and answer which I think is terrific .

    You learn that the object of having a dictionary is not to sit on it ... but to look up your words , Crusader Jenny said you could spell if you slow down .

    I am waiting for your next post about poppa .
    I am so proud of you my Little Man . Love you to pieces .
    Knight Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mama I pick it out daddy type put picture on for me Jenny say daddy did her polar bear post when she was my age
      daddy say he will help me do my climate post I have to my poppa and me post daddy say it better when I say in my own words
      I like my dictionary it is fun I write my post on paper and type it on the compte daddy say I did good on your comment I only miss one word
      Love you mama your little Man
      Knight Man C .

      Delete
  2. May 18 , 2018
    Today-----------10
    Yestersay-------23
    This month-----385
    Total-------------4,523
    JLC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first climate post is a good one with very important information in it for us all. Congratulations Knight Man. Great job. Kids do know about climate change and you are the Knight who can teach them about it.
    I am proud of you
    Love Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi aunt Jeannie thank you I found my post daddy help me daddy wrote my post put the picture on
    I write my own part after I thank the science kids I will do my Poppa and Me post next week I help tell people about climate change
    thank you for being proud of me I will always do my best
    Love back Man
    Knight Man C .

    ReplyDelete